Serves you right you jerk for trying to kill us
If you think about how the Avatar World works, in consideration that it suddenly skipped from the Medieval Ages to 1920s. I would say mix it up a bit. Just because the Legend of Korra has the 1920s mentality doesn't mean too much. You use the schematics, the 1950s-1960s mentalities might not come up until several hundred years later, and within that time just about anything can happen to blow the nations back to the stone ages.
# This coincides with the Mentality of the 50s and 60s, as it is a mere 10-20 years since the Bloodiest World War of our world. In the World of Avatar, there could have been several that would have blown them back tech wise, but still give the mentality of the 50s and 60s, there for society would survive it.
# Secondly, Avatars are known to live for over a hundred years, the oldest being Kioshi in her 200s, and the youngest Biologically being Aang in his 60s (mostly because of that Caught in the Ice thing). Depending on how you have Korra die in this universe will depend on the next Avatar, since the next one is usually born right after the death of the last.
# As a Fun thing, it could have this War or the series of World Wars that caused such a dissonance with the Nations that it split into different cultures of sorts (Which would cover the Medic's German, the Heavy's Russian, the Spy's French, ect ect).
Now to bring up all sorts of questions:
1. How does Gordon Freeman work in this universe?
3. Cave Johnson?
4. Are any of the Mercs descendant from any of the Avatar characters?
5. ...Left 4 Dead apply here?
6. Chell's issue sounds and awful lot like Spirited Away without the Good Ending. Connections perhaps?
7. ALL THE MIYOSAKI FILMS.
8. When does Monoculus apply? Or rather, where?
9. In TF2 Gamewise, only certain and strange things would apply during Halloween and the Full Moon. Understandably, the Full Moon and Blood Bending. But what about Cursed things or transformations? Would that happen at all? Maybe in the Spirit World?
10. TF Classics. Considering they are now a thing again. How would the old boys of the Source Engine fit into this Crossover?
11. G-Men. G-Men everywhere.
12. I would like to think that Gray's Army consists of Golums or Clockwork or both. This would fuse not only Metal Bending, but Spirit world as well. His connections to the Spirit world, considering he managed to trap Chell in, would likely be something that's devastating to both the Earth and the Otherside. Any considerations?
13. Blutarch and Redmond, how would they fit?
14. ...What kind of Weapons are we talking about? Because I can't help but think old fashioned, like Cannons and Bayonets, despite the Bows and Arrows and Swords.
15. Considering the sheer amounts of animals that appear as Cosmetics in TF2, do the Mercs have any pets aside from Spiritual Animals?
16. How did they come up with their Class Names, and why use them instead of their Real Names in this?
17. I've run out of Questions for now, so Random Question Mark Noise.
1) I don't want to bring half-life into this because that is too many characters already. Gordon freeman will be in it but that is it. He is a metal bender and one of Chell's teachers/friends.
2) Possible something powerful that spirits use and Gray and others want to find and use it. immortality? Strength? Power to take/give bending? Many possibilities.
3) Ehh, perhaps a man trying to start up a business but piss off the spirits while doing so.
5) Yeah they could but I rather not. Too many characters.
6) Perhaps. Sounds like it.
7) LoL XD
8) He is a spirit. Along with the others that Merasmus has conjure up. But they are not control by Merasmus.
9) Maybe Demo's missing eye, Pyro's spirit sense/vision going crazy, and Scout's spirit senses?
10) Yeah. They could be Grey's troops in taking over some areas and looking for the gang.
12) I like that idea. :]
13) Rich non-benders who want an useless island that is inhabited by spirits and Saxton stop the brothers from doing damage to it.
14) Something like that but with Engie there, I would think more metal bending weapons that can prevent benders from bending.
15) Some ideas so far madjesters1.deviantart.com/art…
16) Maybe to protect each others identity? Or just random nicknames? I never thought about that.
Your art is seriously awesome, And I can't wait to see the full story of your TF2/Avatar story get writing. But there are three Tf2 chars I'm wondering how you will incorporate.
Horseless Headless Horseman and Monoculus, demo's demonic left eye. Also the Bombinomicon as well. Curious as to what you have planned with these three freaks.
yes, just, yes.
Why did I just imagine that she might like to use like "fire rings" to enclose people in combat, and then scape idk
Hmm, what if Aperture/Gray Mann experimented with Chell when she was the Avatar and it left her (early)? Like, maybe he was trying to transfer the Avatar's powers to himself, but something went wrong (I blame Wheatley) and it moved on.